beam not showing

hey there everybody how are we doing? so I’ve noticed know with my m-pc after i make my scenes, cues, and what not. I close my show. the next time i open the show though, when i set the intensity to full and use the pan/tilt option the intensity beam that should be showing does not. if i patch in a unit at a different address, it will show the beam. has anyone else encountered this.

When you load your show is that from a fresh start of MPC or has MPC been running awhile? Have you changed any workspace or 2D plan view settings? Have you checked that the “show beams” is turned on for each layer and page setting that you are looking at?

When that happens, if you restart the software, does it continue to happen? Can you try adding those fixtures to a new plan view (instead of patching a unit at a different address)?

Hope this helps,

Watson

hi there, in regards to this, i load the file in a fresh start. i haven’t made any changes to my work space or the 2d plan. if i restart it it does continue. however when i copy the page into a new plan page that one begins to work, but not in the original.

hi there, in regards to this, i load the file in a fresh start. i haven’t made any changes to my work space or the 2d plan. if i restart it it does continue. however when i copy the page into a new plan page that one begins to work, but not in the original.

There was one other report of a similar thing happening. The response was to reach out to controllersupport@elationlighting.com and describe the situation (or reference this forum post) and to provide a copy of the show file. A short video would also help identifying the problem.

Here is the other post with the similar problem.

Sorry I can’t be more helpful,

Watson

hi there thank you for your timely response and solutions. i have figured out how to make it work, im just trying to figure out the why part. one step at a time. again thanks alot for the help