BPM/Tap Sync on FX

I have been searching for a way to control FX speed with BPM/Tap Sync. I saw multiple posts from prior years on this issue and responses that it was in the works. Was this ever implemented? Is there a way to control the FX speed via BPM/Tap Sync?

12 Likes

A bit more on this… I have some fixtures that have built in chases. I can control the tempo of these built-in chases on the FX speed “belt” in the software, but constantly adjusting a slider to try to match the beat of music is inaccurate at best. Tap Sync on this FX speed would be a godsend.

I have been dying for this to happen as well! Give the people what they want!

4 Likes

There is nobody not wanting to offer this, but there are other more pressing issues and features to address for now. However these fixes will enable your request eventually.

2 Likes

I would really also like this feature. It is on the wish list since 2017 :slight_smile:

4 Likes

How long til this feature will come out? I think its the most important feature needed for an update,It takes to program chases just to be able to have cues that will beat match. Using the fx engine would save me so much time, but it doesn’t have any way to match up with the beat. It makes it pretty much useless when im doing a lot of edm lighting shows and need my lights to be tightly locked in with the beat. I only use it if I dont have the time to hard program a bunch of chases. This feature along with different speed masters are the most important updates needed to onyx right now in my opinion.

6 Likes

I 100% agree with you Kerry!

1 Like

I don’t want to Bump old threads But even you do match up the speed the effect does not start at the same time even if triggered by timecode.

Sometimes it starts somewhere in the middle of the effect bumping up to 30% instead of 100%

1 Like

Still requesting this feature. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

hello,
is this solved in any way?

thx.

r.h.

There is currently no BPM control of FX.

Is there a reason as to why this isn’t a feature?

4 Likes

hello,
is this bug already fixed

thx.

Stefan

1 Like

I am a Graphics Operator and digging into lighting. Tap/BPM is a must for video mixing/effects.
This is a must for lighting.
Not being able to tap sync your effects is a big disappointment, especially for lighting.
I personally like to have very tight beat snapped shows.
Is this on the timeline to add as a feature?

3 Likes

Its something we’d like to add but its not going to be in the near term.

Thanks for the response Matthias. The software is working out great for preprogrammed shows.
When/if you guys can implement this feature, it will be a great addition for my live shows.

1 Like

Linking Tap Tempo with FX Speed (I've solved it!) there is this LUA script which should also work with the newer onyx versions. I can’t get it to work but that’s prob bc I currently don’t have access to Onyx hardware

1 Like

@Matthias is there any availability for an internship or something of the sort for someone who might have quit engineering to do live AVL and wants to contribute to ONYX

bump

using chases instead of BPM for fx is tedious and really annoying, especially when one is using a multi-part fixture like a color chorus 72 along with others fixtures (in my case, 4 wash fixtures and several 5-part pixel fixtures)

I need the board real estate to only take a single cue, and i do not want to make a 60 cue chase lol

3 Likes

Esta caracteristica es importantisima sobre todo para los que trabajamos en salas de musica electronica, es mi opinion

1 Like