FADER CONTROLS SPEED AND NOT SIZE - OVERRIDE

Now to be able to control ONLY speed of a movement FX like circle, we need to use at least 2 cues (1 for the FX and another one for the size acting as a MASTER)
It would be GREAT, that when we open the configuration of the cue and fader (PLAYBACK) (MODE OPTIONS) to be able to have like other brands do:

MARK UNMARK - FADER CONTROLS SPEED
MARK UNMARK - FADER CONTROLS SIZE

I like the concept of the FX and it.s cool. But I would like to be able to create in a fast way a single fader that keeps the size and let.s me play only with the speed.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Hello,

You can achieve it with an Override cuelist in Qblender mode.

First cue, set the desired FX swing value (you can also set in this cue the FX minimum speed value if needed).
Second cue, set the same desired FX swing value, and set the maximum FX speed value.

With this Override cuelist, the FX swing stays at the desired value, but the FX speed increase with the fader.

Think the system of using overrides for speed masters is the worst part of Onyx. Speed masters should be per effect rather than per fixture. And they should also be proportional, so an effect has its rate, but then a speed master can be assigned to proportionally control the rate. Q-Blender is a great feature but not right for this IMO.

1 Like