Internal Error when trying to open Onyx

Hi all!

So I’m new to this forum, but I’ve been using M-PC with Martin, two universe, interfaces, on Windows 10, for the last year or so and love it. The other day I heard about the Onyx upgrade and decided I would give it a try, since I figured they would fix most of the bugs from my last update. After updating, converting show files, I tried to sync to my midi program (ShowCockpit) and I was having some issues, so I figured I would just restart both programs and try again. Much to my dismay when I tried to reopen Onyx I received this message: Internal Error Object reference not set to an instance of an object. I have no idea what to do. I have a big show on Saturday that I need to do a lot of programming for. I haven’t reinstalled yet because I wanted to get the issue resolved, and not have to keep reinstalling if it keeps happening.

Thanks!!

Queen Gene

Hello,

Maybe a screenshot of the error message can help?

IMG_0311

Do you tried to restart your computer?

yup. I tried all that, even though i don’t think it’s something to do with the OS. It looks like an Onyx message, not a Windows message

… of course when i try that again… it works… I would like the problem still investigated though because i can’t have something like that happening in the middle of a show.
thanks

Hello, when i’m trying to upload onyx, I keep receiving this error:

The object reference do not set to an object instance

it happened once in awhile before and I used to shut down my pc and turn it on back again to solve the problem but now even this solution doesn’t work.

Is there anything you can recommend me to do?

Hi there

I received this message: Internal Error Object reference not set to an instance of an object

I have had the same problem, the first couple of times after restarting the system it worked fine, however this time I can not get past “Internal Error Object reference not set to an instance of an object”

Has anyone found out what causes the problem, and what is the best way to fix it…?

Many thanks

Mark

I got it sometimes when Onyx has not been stopped properly (windows shut down while one of Onyx service still running).

Since I’m waiting a couple of minutes before to shut down of windows, I don’t have seen this error message.