Troubleshooting, Low bit depth/choppy Intensity and color fade

m-pc

Hello All,

I have been using M-PC on an Asus Q503U running Windows 10 version 1703 for the past couple of years, but I recently encountered a bug after updating to version 3.70.885.0. After the update I noticed that all intensity and color fades had become extremely choppy, almost as if the bit depth had been lowered. I attempted to change the bit depth from dynamic to 16 bit with no effect. I have since tried a combination of un/reinstalling, the latest software, reverting to older software, recovering my PC from a restore point and reinstalling windows all to avail. Has anyone else experienced something like this, or have any thoughts on what the culprit might be?

I think I see what you are talking about. To me it looks like the software is calculating fades using percentage values instead of dmx values. If I grab the DMX value at the bottom of a channel and pull it up or down, the channel fades smoothly, but if I’m running FX or a chase or whatever that uses the engine to manipulate channel values, it seems to be doing that using percentage values instead of DMX values. At least, that’s how it looks to me. And I’m not sure what, if anything, can be done about it.

Try taking a look at this post and see if that helps fix your problem. If not, maybe describe more of your setup.

Hope this helps,

Watson

Thanks for the info; good to know, but unfortunately isn’t solving my issue, as I’m using Artnet and Enttec dongle to output. I’ll see if it’s fixed in the next release, as it is indicated in the post you linked. :slight_smile: