Combined Fixtures not listed

I have some Purelite PixelSwitch 48ch patched that do not show up on the combined fixtures list when I try to add them in 2d plan. If I start a new show file they show up and it works as expected. I tried removing these fixtures from the patch, as well as some 8ch Pixelswitches I have in my show as well, saving/restarting windows, updating the library to current and repatching the 48 channel back in but it still did not work. Any idea what could be causing this and how to fix it short of starting a new show file? This is on 4.6.1230

Hello, you could try a fixture request to fix the fixture?

Hey, I actually already have, since this fixture profile did not originally have the correct combined fixture (showed up as a single row of pixels instead of 2). I first noticed this issue a few months (in 4.6.1223 I believe) back but was experiencing a lot of issues with multi-part fixtures with color in the main and parts. This was identified as a bug and fixed in 1230. At the time I assumed this was related to the bug and sort of forgot about it until recently when I reorganized these pixel bars in house and wanted to update 2d plan.

Last instruction I received from Alta base was to unpatch the fixtures, update the library and repatch. I could try placing another request but the profile works fine on a new show file, so it must be something specific to my show file. I also tested this on a laptop with 4.8.1237 and had the same results.

Unpatching would not be enough: you would actually have to delete all fixtures of that type, restart the software and then add them again. You would loose preset and cue data for those fixtures, however. If that’s not an option, PM me your show file and I’ll have a look whether I could do an inline replacement

Hey Gert, sorry I wasnt clear in my first post, I did fully remove all instances of this fixture (48ch and 8ch) and do a full OS restart. Ive already accepted that i will have to reprogram these fixtures, such is life. Can you remind me of the link to submit show files to have you look at this further?

I appreciate the responses and support!

Upload to Obsidian Control Systems and let me know the name when done

Hey Gert,

I just uploaded the file, its named “Agresta_Lighting_PCMH_2022-08-08_2157_Build_4_6_1230_0”

Regards,
Matt

Hello, you turned off “Virtual Fixtures” (Fixtures tab in fixture center), so “virtual main” parts (when the fixture actually doesn’t have a main part) are not shown. “Combined fixtures” only shows main parts. We’ll review if we can ignore that setting from within the “Combined fixtures” tab.

Hey Gert,

That did the trick. I did not even know this was an option or why it was off, but after turning it on a see the combined fixtures for these pixel bars.

Regards,
Matt