I don’t know if this is a bug, but here’s what I did and what happened.
- Create new fixture in the fixture editor.
- By mistake, I made a 4 channel fixture instead of 4 1-channel fixtures. It’s a dimmer pack with 4 channels, one for each outlet. Seems like it’s easier to treat each dimmer outlet as its own generic single channel fixture.
- I patched 4 fixtures which occupied a total of 16 channels in the Universe.
- I edited the fixture in the fixture editor and removed channels 2-4, leaving only Intensity on channel 1.
- Onyx forced me to create a new fixture with a (2) behind it.
- I deleted the original fixture and renamed the new one, removing the (2) in the name.
- The fixture did not update and remained patched. Fair enough.
- I unpatched all 4 fixtures that were showing as 4 channels each and re-patched the new 4 fixtures with the new single intensity setting.
- Onyx recreated the 4 fixtures each with 4 channels, using up 16 channels again.
How can I get rid of the reference to the deleted fixture so the new informatin patches through correctly?
I have already “Cleared Patch History.” The question is, when is the right time to clear it, and should it be cleared to solve the problem in the first place?