When are fixture updates applied? Best way to swap fixtures?

Hello Onyx users!

I’m relatively new to Onyx… :slight_smile:

I have some library related questions:

1. When I import a library update, are updates to already patched fixtures applied immediatly? If not, what is the best way to change the patched fixture against the updated version?

2. A little different: When I edit a user fixture, are updates to already patched fixtures of this type applied immediatly? If not, what is the best way to change the patched fixture against the updated version?

3. How can I swap a fixture to the same fixture type, but with activated or deactivated virtual dimmer? Seems the swap is canceled when only changing the virtual dimmer setting on the fixture.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Chris

Types used in a show file are updated on the next show load (using either load or continue).
What version are you using regarding your 3rd question, that should work? Alternatively, add the fixtures of the other type, use the copy command between the old and new fixtures and delete the old ones (which is pretty much the sequence executed by the swap command).

Thank you for your reply!

I’m using v4.8.1239.0
I tried now with cloning and it worked well! It’s a little confusing the menu calls this process “Clone” but the command is “COPY”… :thinking:

ok, we’ll double check the swap command

What type are you trying to swap for one with or without virtual dimmer? Swap currently does not support multi-part fixtures: they will need to be cloned manually as intent between potential mismatch in light source counts must be clarified

It was a multipart fixture.