Error 1720 when installing Onyx 4.0.1010

m-pc

Error 1720 when installing on Windows 10 build 1809. (fresh installed windows 10)
Windows is up-to-date.

PreInstall installs correctly

installer stops when loading default show file.

can someone help me?

Full error message from EventViewer

Product: Onyx – Error 1720.There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A script required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Custom action LoadDefaultShowFile script error -2146827859, Microsoft VBScript runtime error: ActiveX component can’t create object: ‘ShowLogic.ShowManagement’ Line 41, Column 3,

Disable HP Hotkey UWP Service + restart COM+ Event System.

Hey @robin.pestman!

You’ll find the resources and fixes for that here.

//Martin Hedström

Check this reply:

Ok i’m going to have a winge here. The ONYX installer the way I see it is broken. I have run the installer on three different machines that have never had Martin M-PC or ONYX installed. That is clean machines each one failed when attempting to access the localdb with error 1722 request to sql server timed out.

The fact this happens on three clean machine concerns me, as the M-PC installers always worked fine.

In my opinion the installer is broken and Elation need to fix it!.

Can you try to install the last release version of M-PC on one of these?

Same here although I’m getting Error 1720 as well as Error 27502… need a hand here. I myself cant return to last version, old version was on older laptop that motherboard fried.