Joystick Control

Hi.

We used RD/MPCTools for controlling moving lights with an Xbox One controller as a customer demo, that unfortunately stopped working for us as we updated to Onyx. RD/ShowCockpit is too expensive especially because we use multiple computers for doing shows and we don’t want a license for every computer. I was wondering if there was any way to create a piece of software that can control faders and/or encoders in Onyx?

Could this be done via a direct API, via MIDI, via OSC, via the Onyx Manager or maybe something else? If RD/ShowCockpit is able to communicate with Onyx via some sort of way, wouldn’t I be able to create a simplified version of this software that does only what we need? This would also allow us to map all of the Xbox One controllers’ buttons and 6 axis’ to the playbacks we need.

I am willing to write software and read documentation for this, but there doesn’t seem to be any.

If anyone could give me a headstart, I’d be very grateful.

Thanks in advance!

Sem

1 Like

+1

i would also be interrested in having the possibility to control pan and tilt of moving heads with the gyros and accelerometer of a phone that i would rig on a video fluid head.

this will permit to have a followspot control for live control. the best would be the ability to change the projector. so you could control that way several projectors.

blaise

IIRC the ONYX Remote actually does that :wink: