Artnet to Wifi Router (Network)?

Hello.
I have a question:

Could you broadcast artnet to a local network of a router, trough wifi.
My Onyx lap top does not have a Ethernet port.
So i figured, if i could broadcast artnet to my router , and then connect the artnet node to the router via ethernet, it could work.
My wifi is however not detected in the available Artnet devices.

Any info on this would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

I’ve done something similar on my home network between different programs.

However, I’d strongly reccomend picking up a USB-ethernet adapter that works with your laptop and try to hardware your connection. Wireless connectivity say at an event with ~100-500 phones in the general vicinity may cause problems.

Otherwise,
Your artnet device and Laptop must be on the same subnet. I think this is more easily done by manually applying a static IP on your laptop’s network adapter (lets say laptop=2.0.0.5, node=2.0.0.1), but may be possible to setup your network to dynamically assign an IP in the same range. Router may also need to live in the same subnet for everything to work.

I have done this in order to run a visualizer (training version, CaptureTraining) on a different PC. It was a bit tricky to find the right network. The PC I run my main Onyx install for some reasons seems to be generating multiple Networks, seemingly everytime I set it up and reconnect. I’m up to like 7 now. At some point I’m going to have to clear them all out! But for now I just go through and figure out which is the active, latest one and it works.