Cant find fixtures in the fixture finder in the NX1

I’m using the fixture finder website for a generic moving head. In my NX1 I cant seem to find anything that’s coming up on the fixture finder website. For example I’m looking at the “OEM > Beam 260W MK3” but it doesn’t show up when I look on the NX1 itself. The NX1 is running 4.8.1237.0 and I just updated the fixture library again today.

On a somewhat related note, I’ve been trying to just create a fixture profile myself but I haven’t been able to find any in depth instructions anywhere. I created a fixture on my laptop but I couldn’t ever find it on the NX1. I exported to the thumb drive that came with the console and then imported from the thumb drive on the console. I was never able to find it in patch and ended up having to create it a second time on the console. What am I doing wrong here?

did you search in user library?

Yes, the fixture I created on the console shows up there. The fixture I imported I can’t find anywhere.

@deadbeet -

Couple of things. The fixture finder is a great tool. But it was for fixtures before version 4.6. 4.6 and beyond is a new library. The fixture finder is a great third-party tool to find similar generics based on channel count or parameter / attribute types but does not always correspond to the new library. Your best bet is to make a fixture request on the website. ONYX 4.6+ Fixture Requests (jotform.com)

As for the fixture editor, after you created your profile, are you using the “User” category instead of the “Standard” library?

Hope this helps,

Watson

Well it took a day of my time but I managed to make a decently working fixture profile through trial and error.

User catagory was empty until I created it on the console instead of trying to import from my laptop.

so, @Matthias ,

is it possible to import selfmade profiles, on a nx1?

Of course, its all the same software on all consoles and PC.

So I just realized the file exported from the laptop is 0bytes. I happened to notice because I was trying to export the fixture I created on the console to the laptop. This file, when trying to edit on the laptop opens with no manufacturer or model info on the first screen anymore. When I hit the next button it gives me a message “unhandled exception has occurred in your application” and says "object reference not set to an instance of an object. I hit the continue button and it just stays on this first page.

Is the software just buggy? I can’t believe how much time I’ve spent on this. I have somewhat workable fixture profile but I’m working with things like all the gobo icons being wrong because when I connect the wheel to the channel it puts them out of order for addressing, then I change all the addressing so that it matches how it should and I still cant get the 4th gobo in the channel. Then after saving the fixture and trying to use it they are just all out of order again and there is a button that says gobo4 instead of having the image and its in the 12th gobo slot despite not even having a functionality for it in the editor.

I also just noticed I’m not getting any movement effects for this moving head. The effects on the pan/tilt just look like if I had intensity selected.

?
listening!