Common PC Installation Fixes

Hey @mcgarbo ,

You may want to reach out to support via email to get a quicker response. One question I have is how did you run the installer? It’s recommended to right click and “Run As Admin”. Just a though. If you’ve already tried that then hopefully support can get to you quickly.

There is also a “Support Request Form” on the support site. You could try that also.
Support Request (obsidiancontrol.com)

Hope this helps and good luck,

Watson

There is no need to run as admin, and it’s not requested in any documentation.

@Matthias,

Is this a change? I thought previous versions was suggested to “Run As Admin” for the installer package.

No this was never required to run it like this.
The new 4.7 installer is changed a lot as well to reduce issues with admin privileges.

Maybe it was just the admin account that made me think you needed to run it as admin. I am glad to see the installer package is getting more work done on it to help with some of these errors.

Actually, you don’t need to launch it as admin yourself because the installer will trigger that on startup (so you get the authorization popup). We still need it for being able to install services, for example, but we’re indeed further reducing our dependency on requiring privileges.
I remoted into the system and it was the SSD cluster size issue…

Following

getting the same error too
Capture

Looks like a different error: please PM me the log file (most recent MSI*.log in %TEMP% folder that contains the text “Onyx.MSI”)

Hi Gert! I’m having this same error. Can you help me?

Assuming you have no Onyx listed in your installed apps, remove the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UpgradeCodes\1385C3833B93EEB45908FE1F21BEF5C2
And try again