EN12 Contact Closure / SACN Override

Hello,
I am installing an EN12-45 in a church. There will be two wall stations with contact closure to trigger cues for basic houselights when no console is running.

Can I configure Sacn to automatically takeover when detected? So essentially as soon as you turn the console on and it outputs Sacn then the contact closers have no effect and are overridden? And then when console shuts off the contact closure can be triggered again?

Thanks!

Yes, you can configure SACN to automatically take over when detected. To do this, you will need to set the EN12-45 to “Override” mode. In this mode, the EN12-45 will ignore any contact closure inputs and will only respond to SACN signals.

To set the EN12-45 to “Override” mode, follow these steps:

1. Press the “Menu” button on the EN12-45.
  2. Use the arrow buttons to navigate to the “Mode” menu.
  3. Press the “Enter” button.
  4. Use the arrow buttons to select “Override” mode.
  5. Press the “Enter” button to confirm.

Once the EN12-45 is in “Override” mode, it will ignore any contact closure inputs and will only respond to SACN signals. When the console is turned off, the EN12-45 will revert back to its default mode, which is “Standby” mode. In “Standby” mode, the EN12-45 will respond to both contact closure inputs and SACN signals.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

There are no such functions in the EN12?

I recieved this response from Obsidian support when I asked the same question. Now I’m confused. I hope Emma is right!

“Unfortunately, the EN-12 contact closures have the highest priority, as they are the last link in the chain.
We are working on some new features to change this and allow the priorities to be changed.”

that reply is correct. The other description is not for an EN12-45, it has no arrows or menu keys.