Fader playback bar on external monitors?

Hey all, I’m trying to figure out if I can have the fader playback bar thats on the bottom of my main screen, also on an external display and also linked to another control surface . for instance I have two m-touch control surfaces, and two monitors, I often toggle through ques on both of them and I often forget which que is active on the faders on my 2nd m-touch.

I’d very much appreciate any help with this.

Hey Guy,

The Playback bar on the bottom of the main screen can also be on the external screens. However, in version 4.6 and prior they cannot be assigned to different banks / control surfaces.

I have heard that this behavior will change in a future release (maybe 4.8), allowing for different banks / control surface to be visualized on different screens.

Hope this helps,

Watson

Is this new in 4.6? I ‘m currently running 4.3 and I can’t find where to turn it on. Idk if its worth upgrading to 4.6 if 4.8 is about to drop but I’d really enjoy this feature.

Hey Guy,

It’s not new to 4.6 so you should be able to enable it on 4.3. I’ll paste a link below to the manual that describes how to turn it on.

I would recommend updating to 4.6 (and working on any library issues you may have) now rather than waiting for 4.8. 4.8 will come out when the new hardware starts shipping. But the improvements in DyLOS from 4.3 to 4.6 as well as other bug fixes would be worth the update to 4.6.

Here is the link to the manual that should describe how to enable the playback area at the bottom of the screens. Displays (obsidiancontrol.com)

Hope this helps,

Watson