Is anyone here utilizing Onyx to control programmable LED Strips?

WLED is pretty awesome running on a tiny ESP32 or ESP8266 micro-processor.

Since the LED strips are programmable, each individual LED becomes an address in the universe just like any other fixture.

So, the LED strip with RGBW uses 4 channels per LED light. If you have 10 meters of LED strips, that makes for a ton of LED which would chew through channels in a universe pretty quickly.

What’s the alternative to programming LED strips? Or is there one?

While I don’t have masses of addressable LED strips I am slowly building up some. Last night (New Years Eve) I did a small light show from home and ran 10 X 1m strips and 5 X 2m strips - with 60 LED/m

I only use Onyx and Dylos to control the strips. My LED’s are 3 channels each. So yes, it does use plenty channels . Used 3600 channels for my little set up.

I use sACN to send the sDMX universes to an ENTTEC mini-Pixelator and then use ENTTEC P-link injectors to conect to the strips.

Some of the programming I do directly in Onyx, but am also using Dylos with more and more success every time.

Hope this helps in some way

Not sure if you’ve been working with WLED, or experimenting at all, but I’ve been using WLED with several strips with another console, and I’m looking at building a WLED fixture profile for Onyx.

At the moment to get around the ludicrous universe requiremnt for controlling individual pixels, I’m using WLED in Effect + White mode, so that you can get close to individual pixel control, but only using 18 Channels per controller.

Effect Modes let you control the WLED effect, the Palette Preset, plus also controlling the RGB(W) values for each of the three Palette Colours.
Only uses 15 channels for RGB mode, and 18 channels for RGBW (Effect + White)