is it possible to have ....

hello is it possible to have virtuel playback control 1-10 on a monitor and at the same time vpc 11-20 on another monitor? without using osc!

thx.

r.h.

… or maybe controll 1-10 on nx wing and 11-20 on screen?

thx.

r.h.

Along the same lines I would love to be able to plug my M2PC into my M1HD and have 11-20 residing on the M2PC surface

dear matthias,
can you please explain if it is possible to give us this, or explain why it should not be possible?!

thx.

r.h.

@deflost
@lightguy48

hello is it possible to have virtuel playback control 1-10 on a monitor and at the same time vpc 11-20 on another monitor? without using osc!

No. A single device space can only have 10 playbacks active. That is either 1-10 or 11-20. The Onyx Virtual interface is a device space and it does not matter what form (visualiser or Panel etc.)

… or maybe controll 1-10 on nx wing and 11-20 on screen?

Apparently, this does not work either since it is not possible to change device space on the NX Wing, which I had thought to be possible.
This means, that the wing is also in the same device space and you are not able to have two different sets of playbacks on it… Which is an absolute shame.

Along the same lines I would love to be able to plug my M2PC into my M1HD and have 11-20 residing on the M2PC surface

Confims this.

What changes could be made to allow us to have this kind of a feature? And why don’t we have it yet?
Onyx would have to allow us access to the device space function and “unlock” it for the NX Wing.

The reason, we don’t have this yet but it seems to exist on the NXTouch is because the NXTouch is an entirely different hardware concept . The NX Wing construction still inherits from the oldern days of the MAXXyz development, where device spaces were existent but (to my knowledge) were switched on a hardware level by dip switches. Look at the M6 modules and you should be able to find them somewhere in the manuals

Because of this, the messages of the NX wing supposedly interlace with the messages from onyx and thus, are in the same device space and cannot be separated from each other.

What I could imagine happening is adding a “prefilter” in-between Onyx and the incoming serial messages from a specified port, that changes the sender address of the signals to a different device (space), making it possible for the console to separate them. You may think that this is a non-ideal method and it certainly is, explaining why we have not seen this modification yet.

It would be great to have this feature though!

dear team, please xmas is soon!

thx.

r.h.

1 Like

Does the M2PC/NX Wing have a device address switch hidden somewhere like the Maxxyz Playback and Submaster modules have on their back panel so that it could be given a different device address space?

Not that I know of. No.
Deep down though, I hope and think that the I2C chips on the board and their firmware are also inherited from the larger consoles and could get that feature by hacking them. But I do not have the time and resources right now to figure that out.

That would also be illegal as its reverse engineering of the firmware code…

1 Like

Thank you for highlighting that.
Apart from that it would probably be more risk than reward and not something I would recommend doing on equipment in a professional environment as reliability will certainly be an issue.

@Matthias Do you think it will be possible to implement a device space feature at some point for the NX2? Maybe just for the Elite licence? I am aware that the NX2 was absolutely not meant for this purpose, but for people that use the NX2 in a fixed space with large touchscreen monitors, it would be a great addition.