LJ-ArtNet-Node - Import Art-Net into LightJockey

I’ve whipped up a handy little application if you’ve ever needed to capture Art-Net DMX and send it to LightJockey. It will capture up to any four universes of Art-Net, and output them to any of the four universes in LightJockey. Each channel can be selected individually to be ignored by LJ or overwritten with the Art-Net data.

LJ-ArtNet-Node on GitHub

Obviously, I’ve made the source code available for anyone who’d like to learn how it works, or contribute to the project. Ready to use binaries are available to download in the Releases section.

If you’re familiar with Art-Net, setting up and using the application should be pretty straight forward. It’s configured ‘out of the box’ to capture Art-Net universes 0 through 3 from a source on the same computer, and send all of their values to LJ universes 1 through 4, respectively.

What’s this good for? I’m sure many of you could come up with much more creative uses than I, but the reason I wrote the software in the first place was to capture the output from a pixel mapping software like Madrix or Jinx! (highly recommended software), and import it into LJ to control the pixels of map-able fixtures such as the American DJ Illusion Dotz 4.4 or Colorful Light CL-MP25.

Artnet with lightjockey can be exported?

You can not output Art-Net from LightJockey natively. In order to do so, you would need to output DMX through a USB interface, then convert from DMX back to Art-Net.

The only IP-based signal LightJockey supports is SandNet.