Motor Faders Retrofit on M2PC?

Dear Community,

I have been thinking a lot about the ONYX/Martin Hardware lineup lately and am wondering if anyone has ever thought about or even done a retrofit of motor faders on the M2PC / NX2. I have seen that one could reprogram the I2C chips on the fader portion of the board to be giving feedback of some sort.
Is it possible to natively refit motor faders?

Alternatively I thought about using show cockpit in congestion with existent faders to give me feedback.

The question then would be: Would one be able to mill out the PCB, so motor faders would fit there without compromising on the functionality? I would be fine with soldering new leads or some smaller bridges across the board if I had to but not it we are talking about tiny SMD traces.

I would greatly appreciate any feedback.

-Yannic

Why? Well, I have a desk that is madu up of several feedback fader boards and a NX2/M2PC, mainly because of the keyboard and the outputs/inouts I get from it. This is the only part of the desk that is not motorised and I would like to change that.

Just spitballing here but imo the easiest solution would be to use showcockpit. It already makes fader feedback possible so you wouldn’t need any additional programming. But Without looking at the insides of an NX2 I would guess that there isn’t enough room to fit the faders, its quite tight at the lower side. But if you actually find a way to do that, pls on the the results I would be really interested in doing something similar

Retrofit is not possible, there is not enough power and the motor drivers are not on the pcb. Its a completely different electronics design.

Thanks for you replies.
@Matthias Assuming I use Show cockpit and external motor drivers (I already have this working), Could I mill away the PCB for the motor fader to fit? What traces, if any, are running beneath the faders in the PCB?

I am really sorry for asking you this question. I know it is a very redneck solution and nowhere near what your NX4 or M6 fader boards could deliver but I like modifying stuff and I have quite some free time to spare.

I can not give you advice and details of how pcb are constructed.

Makes sense, Thanks anyways. I really love what you guys are doing.
Good on you