Move in Black (Mark) w/Intensity On

Hey All,

I know how to set Mark on a cuelist to move in black. However, that only works if Cue 1 is Intensity 0% and Cue 2 is intensity >0%. What I’m wondering is how to make movers (1) go black, (2) move, (3) intensify up, when switching from Cue 1 to Cue 2, even if Cue 1 didn’t have an Intensity 0%.

We have 8 cues (one for each song in our set), and each cue has the movers on and in a different position/chase for each song. As it is now, I have to add a .5 cue (named “transition”) between each of these cues to make the movers go dark before they’re moved and put back to original intensity.

Is there a way to tell a mover to go black on Go, or something similar? Or do I need a dummy transition cue between each main cue to make them go black as I’m currently doing? Just wondering if I’m missing a more effective option.

Thanks in advance!
Chris

Did you ever figure this out?

Hey Arretx. I never did. Still to this day I’m using transition cues between each song. I haven’t looked into alternatives since this post, however. I’m guessing you’re on the same hunt.

… who can help out?

Just uploaded a video, that shows how to do this.

Surely, Mark Per Cuelist should be enabled, and Show\Cue Settings\Mark Cue Fade time should be set to ~0.3s

Regards,
Ofer Brum
Onyx Support

Okay, that makes sense, I think.

So from full blackout:

Cue 1 fades in for 2.5 seconds.
Cue 1.5 fades out ONLY a few of the fixtures over 1 second.
Cue 2 then fades in automatically as soon as 1.5 is done.

But when are the heads actually moving? Are they moving DURING cue 1.5, or are they moving when 2 is fired?

The timing on cue 2 is something I’ve never seen before … 0s >> 1s >> 2s.

I read this as “don’t delay before starting to wait 1 second, then fade in for 2 seconds.”

Is this correct?

Also, the verbiage “Mark PER Cuelist” versus “Mark PER Cue” … not sure how they are different.

I read it as, “for every cue list, Mark” or “for every cue in this cue list, Mark.”

Mark Per Cue allows you to set it on or off, Per Cue. You have to toggle the small red M on the cuenumber itself:

Only the cues with that M will Mark. Nothing else will. Mark per list is a shortcut so you don’t have to bother turning on mark toggle on hundreds of cues.

Hi,

But when are the heads actually moving? Are they moving DURING cue 1.5, or are they moving when 2 is fired?

They are moving in dark, as per Mark feature… Meaning they are moving as soon as their Intensities reach 0%, just like any Mark cue…

Cue 2 does not fade automatically, when Cue 1.5 is done… It has a Follow 1s settings, which mean Cue 2 waits 1s after cue 1.5 is finished, allows enough time for the fixtures, to prep for Cue 2

The timing on cue 2 is something I’ve never seen before … 0s >> 1s >> 2s.

You can ignore this, for the sake of this conversation… These are individual Delay timing, just to make Cue 2 look prettier :slight_smile:

You can PM via FB Messenger

Regards,
Ofer