Onyx Beta 1199

Having a difficult time understanding the difference between direct weight, mapping weight and weight mode.
I’m currently using robe spiders mode 4 in capture 2019.

If I set mapping weight to 100, I can see Dylos in the 2d view but nothing in Capture. When direct weight is at 40 I can see some subtle changes in Capture but it is not the right look. It is mostly the LEDs in white with some little changes.
Weight mode does nothing at all.

We’re currently fixing some quirks on the weight control after the reports in this thread. Weight mode doesn’t do anything yet, indeed (the supplied parameter group assignment actually makes that channel invisible for programming).
We’re both improving the direct vs mapping weight (starting with consistent behavior between RGB and CMY fixtures), as well as enabling something similar to the 4.4 way again (so shows created in 4.4 ideally wouldn’t be affected: these modes will be offered on the weight mode channel, with the 4.4 way being the default).

Thanks!
More things to report: cuelist s bar at the bottom of the NX2 disappears if I go to patch or menu. To get it back I have been clicking on the new playback widget icon.
When using beyond via Artnet: if I close beyond and open it back up, I loose Artnet connectivity to Beyond. If I turn all Artnet output off and then on, I regain Artnet connectivity.
Am I on crack or the PT combo toggle switch is not longer there? Was it there before or I dreamt of it? LOL.

As mentioned earlier in this thread, the cuelist bar has been fixed already for the next build.
I assume unicast was being used with Beyond, we’ll have a look.
PT combo is no longer in the parameter settings popup indeed, as it’s not a global setting but a value to be programmed per fixture; it returned to the second FX page.

1 Like

hello
very good that change I am using it for my effects flay out facilitates the process

bottom controls and Playback look avesome

Can U make this for M-Play too ?(view)

2 Likes

So glad i found this Beta, tried an hour to debug my ArtNetv4 node not showing up in Onyx with DMX Workshop closed (DMX Workshop ->ArtPoll) because Onyx polls on 2.255.255.255 and did not honor DHCP Settings :slight_smile:
Seems good till now (Wireshark), will test further !

There is an issue with the touch action from the patch.

If your patch has enough fixture to use the full height of the patch windows, try to click on “Commands > Clone”, and as result the clone command will not be launched, but the ID of the fixture behind the “Clone” button will be selected.

Doing this with a mouse is working well, but not touch click (PC)

Its looking like the 2d plan when you have a bunch of layers .

I have noticed a tendency on Dylos to stutter when the console (nx2) is connected to Capture. All connections are wired. Capture is 2019.
I also notices that when typing sort of fast, Onyx tends to lag . There is also flashing in the proggrammer view and then it freezes for a second or 2.
Updating or recording over an existing cue has proven unreliable. When using update to enter new info into a cue, sometimes, it wouldn’t take on the newer values. Same thing happened with recording.

I have the same problem with Dylos, don’t work well

@gert_leunen and @Matthias,

Greeting gentlemen! I know you have been working hard at the next build. Just curious if you are going to release another beta to address all the things mentioned so far or are close to releasing the actual build.

Keep up the good work,

Watson

1 Like

Working hard to push out a new beta any day now

Thanks

2 Likes

:partying_face::partying_face::partying_face:

OK READY! :skull_and_crossbones:

Hi Gert can you anticipate some features?

Roughly speaking, we pull in Capture 3D position to build a couple of 2D plans, we’ve added a first set of content generators for DyLOS and also added a new pixel mapping mode

New pixelmapping mode is a Dylos for other parameters ? ?

hello.
we realize a issu with osc.
if we open onyx on our laptop, we wait for onyx complete startup,
put the program window to the attached touchscreen, from now we can not longer control the first playbackfader. if we put the window back to build in display it also not possible.
so if we leave the program window on the laptop lcd, it works.

thx.

b.e.

Seems that a Windows Microsoft update is bogging Onyx software.