Onyx Beta 1199

A new beta version is available for evaluation

Please assign the new Dylos weight controls to the Intensity parameter group if you get a popup after loading a show. Or reload all factory defaults to put them into the right place.

Weight Control: Decides if the fixture uses Dylos output or “regular” parameter values. Its an HTP control, also allowing better blend in an out of Dylos and “other” programming.

Enhanced bottom controls and Playback swop:

New patch options

Revised EtherDMX settings page:

4.5.1199 (30/07/2020)

Replaced LTP with programmable weight control between direct and pixel mapped programming

4.5.1198 (24/07/2020)

Enabled Art-Net on any (sub)net and updated network configuration accordingly
Added support for stVisual style so Visualizers always - also when utilizing Unicast - receive licensed Art-Net data
Added patch options for excluding fixtures from GM, SWOP, remote programming and for rotating bars and panels at DMX address level
Added option to turn off smart grid ordering of fixtures in FixtureCenter
Completed plug-in framework for DyLOS generators and effects
Full software and hardware support for flipping playback faders 1-10 with 11-20
Fixed zone selection indication in programmer
Fixed “push to all” not refreshing on virtual playback panel
Fixed back button freezing on “Follow 0s” cues

4.5.1197 (10/07/2020)

Added DEFAULT command to put default values in programmer
Improved P/T Combo handling
MSD (CITP) integration fixes and improvements
Fixed joining shows
Fixed popups appearing multiple times at startup
Fixed multiple conditional channels not toggling (for example, Frost disabling 2 prisms on ADJ Focus Beam LED)

4.5.1195 (08/06/2020)

Added MSD (CITP) integration
Fixed deselecting fixture in Capture not deselecting in Onyx
Fixed focusing inconsistencies with Capture for P/T inverted/swapped fixtures
Fixed IP address and numeric up/down entry issues

4.5.1194 (02/06/2020)

Added Capture (CITP) integration (patch, selection, parameter sync)
Added import of patch (exported from another Onyx show file)
Added sACN priority configuration
Fixed network handling in ConsoleTester

5 Likes

Really loving the PC “fader view”! Great work, diving in deeper now to the other new stuff!

Do you have to do something special to make Dylos work as usual? because fixtures in the area do not respond to dylos as they normally did

i need to press the “console” icon to see the Bar

what is your display resolution?

1920x1080

That same “bar” disappears for me when I enter and leave the patch. It will come back for me if I minimize, maximize, adjust, or move the window, as well as when I click that bar’s new fader popup. My resolution is 2160x1440 at 125% scaling.

Thanks, I see the same and reported it.

Using Dylos

In order to have a Pixelmapping using a Beye group, now we have to do more steps than before

After doing the usual, we move the Mapping Weight parameters, but now it turns out that also, the value of Shutter Open, needs to be marked in the programmer, because it does not work on output (capture)

That is to say, they have added 3 new steps, in order to have output with Dylos, something that is much more confusing, and in step that I think they complicate something that was easier

I recorded a cuelist with dylos, and not work, always, i need active the instensity and shutter in the programmer, to see dylos output

Direct Weight seems to cause some issues with my gobo spin ! it looks like it’s interfering with it stoping or changing it in a “ccw rot” strange stuff ,this is happenning in this way!
I have stored a cue with position colour and gobo into the center position, gobos are spinning slowly,when i use the new features i prepare dylos with video then use the first inensity weight to morph dylos in and that’s ok! but if I try the “direct intensity” and move it slowly it first shuts off the entire cue ,so no fixtures visible like an inserted shutter,then if I go up slowly i have very weird behaviour maybe i didn’t get how this should work ! If you could explain me both realy good I will try to understand how to!

I do believe that virtual displays no longer work. Open a show file and only 1 window opened. Tried to create a show from scratch to test, still only single window

Confirmed, thanks for reporting it.

It seems that artnet/sacn output doesn’t work on the first shoot.

I need to click on “apply” (EtherDMX page, Settings Tab) several time before to get something outputting.

Thanks for reporting, will be fixed in next build

Thanks for the reports on the weight channels, we’ve been investigating and will work out a solution soon

Nice!

Small bug:
if you go into the patch the fader bank apears empty.

Some of my rgb fixtures (skypanels, astera…) are no longer responding in color in the 2d plan. They are in grayscale even though the zone shows color.

That’s due to another feature we’re working on that slipped into this build, will be fixed in the next one

IMPORT PATCH FROM CAPTURE
Importing 76 universes of fixtures from Capture with the import feature in Onyx can we have same pop up as when we save a show with media telling us visually where we currently are?

Thank you!
Cause the little white LINE sometimes stop being visible so you may think it’s finished but in reality it has not!

THERE IS AN ISSUE CAUSE i HAVE TRIED THIS BEFORE AND IT WORKED BUT IN THIS LATEST RELEASE IT DOESN’T

1. Create a cue with an intesity fx running with 50 % speed store and clear.
  2. select fixtures and create a cue with only the speed at 0% then clear.
  3. set it as a/b fader release in 1.5 fade out first all will be working fine.
  4. release it then close all.
    So at the end what you got is a cuelist of 2 cues 1 with the fx ,and the second is the speed so when terring down the fader you would have a slow down of the speed.So two usefull things with one fader .
    Now store your show, close Onyx and then re open It load the show, try the cues with the a/b fader,and you will see it doesn’t work! what am I missing i am sure that in previous version I have used it with no issue!
    Please let me know so I can do it in the right way!
    Thanx!

Im not able to get etherDMX with Sacn, just with Arnet and broadcast active, none Arnet signal in Unicast mode.