OSC disconnects after a day

I have done several installations with onyx at various nightclubs. they control these via an ipad that has OSC Pilot. this works great but after a day or so onyx completely loses contact and no longer seems to want to receive osc. the computer is still connecting and i can see that it is receiving data from the osc ipad. but onyx no longer accepts osc. the onley sulotion is to restart the computer and everything works again.
I have this problem on all my installations and my customers are getting quite annoyed. I would really appreciate it if you could help me with this problem as I thought the program works well apart from this.

Has anyone else experienced this problem and possibly know how to resolve this. would have preferred not to change the lightingdesk but am running out of ideas

Maybe it can have something to do with windows network permissions and closing the ports after some time of inactivity…?

Well thought, but I don’t think this is the fault. I have 2 computers in the same network where I use gma3, these are controlled also via osc pilot but I have never had any problems with these. I’ve tested that I still get osc when onyx doesn’t want to receive anymore and I get osc into the computer

Do you have any other tips on what could be the problem? unfortunately it feels like the error is in onyx and not in windows

A few things to check and consider.

1. What version are you running?
  2. Do you have a license key?
  3. How long does it work before it “times” out?
  4. Is this a closed network system?
  5. Do you have any way to confirm that the iPad is sending OSC and the computer is receiving (both before and after the inactivity / restart)?
  6. Are the iPad and PC using static IP’s or DHCP?

Just some thoughts to maybe help trigger an idea of something to check or confirm.

Hope this helps,

Watson

Answers below

A few things to check and consider.

1. What version are you running?

2. Do you have a license key?
    Yes. its premeire

3. How long does it work before it “times” out?
    its about a day. sometimes soner than that

4. Is this a closed network system?
    Yes

5. Do you have any way to confirm that the iPad is sending OSC and the computer is receiving (both before and after the inactivity / restart)?
    yes! the computer is receving OSC. checking with protokol

6. Are the iPad and PC using static IP’s or DHCP?
    Static

Thank you