Unique Paths for different parameters

I don’t believe this is currently possible, but it would be nice to be able to select different paths depending on the parameter type, i.e. P&T could have a brake path where color could have a linear, and intensity could have an accelerate path.

I have frequently used this on other consoles with Overide/IFCB faders where I would path the color to accelerate and intensity to brake so that I would get more color change initially and intensity change at the end of the fader range.

I have frequently used this on other consoles with Overide/IFCB faders where I would path the color to accelerate and intensity to brake so that I would get more color change initially and intensity change at the end of the fader range.

Could be achieved with a Q-Blender, IMO…

Regards,
Ofer Brum

So I have played around with this and I can’t seem to make it work using Q-Blender, maybe I’m doing something wrong.

The suggestion I had regarding the ability to use different paths depending on the attribute would cause the override fader to apply the path across the entire throw of the fader albeit accelerating/braking at different points but it would still be continuous path.

I tried building two cues, one for intensity (cue 2) and one for color (cue 1) with the changeover between the cues at 50% but when I do this it of course splits the color to 0-50% and intensity on 51%-full. Also if cue 2 is just intensity without color it fades back to white at full fader throw.

Is there some method for making the two cues overlap each other? I’ve seen that happen with a pan & tilt override where multiple P&T cues in an override just gradually fade between each other but so far I’m not duplicating the behavior with color and intensity.

Another issue I’ve discovered is if I put the intensity on the 2nd cue when I try to go fade in a different color the intensity snaps off on the next override as I try to fade it in

Overrrides are manual crossfaders, and does not contain timing information…

If you want to GO cues, use Cuelist type, instead

So I have played around with this and I can’t seem to make it work using Q-Blender, maybe I’m doing something wrong.

The suggestion I had regarding the ability to use different paths depending on the attribute would cause the override fader to apply the path across the entire throw of the fader albeit accelerating/braking at different points but it would still be continuous path.

I tried building two cues, one for intensity (cue 2) and one for color (cue 1) with the changeover between the cues at 50% but when I do this it of course splits the color to 0-50% and intensity on 51%-full. Also if cue 2 is just intensity without color it fades back to white at full fader throw.

Is there some method for making the two cues overlap each other? I’ve seen that happen with a pan & tilt override where multiple P&T cues in an override just gradually fade between each other but so far I’m not duplicating the behavior with color and intensity.

If you give us an example of what you are trying to achieve, maybe we can help you out…

Regards,
Ofer Brum

I am trying to basically create color submasters for LED fixtures using an Override fader. The problem is if you’re starting from a blackout with RBG attributes at 100% you get a significant white wash as you bring the fader up from zero.

On a different platform I was able to significantly reduce this by using different paths for different attributes. The color attribute path was accelerate and the intensity path was brake so color was applied much quicker than intensity and the fade in from a blackout looked fairly natural.

This is not possible in ONYX.
Set your defaults to 0 if you want to avoid the white start.

Ok, that goes back to why I mentioned it as an enhancement suggestion because being able to have different paths for different attributes has useful applications.

If I set my RGB attributes to zero then I can no longer use my various submasters just to bring up a white wash when needed. I would then have to convert those submasters to overrides with RGB which breaks other parts of my show.

I am trying to basically create color submasters for LED fixtures using an Override fader. The problem is if you’re starting from a blackout with RBG attributes at 100% you get a significant white wash as you bring the fader up from zero.

Can be done in 2 manners:

1. As Matthias already mentioned, set RGB Default values, to 0%. Record each R\G\B value at 100%, as an Override
  2. Using Q-Blender:
    • Record 2 cues. Set RGB to desired color. Record as cue 1
    • Set Cue 1 Fade Mode, to SNAP All
    • Set Intensity to 100%. Record Cue 2

This will cause RGB to snap to desired color, upon fader move, and control Intensity only

Regards,
Ofer Brum

Thanks but as I stated setting all my RBG fixtures default to 0 will break my show. I would no longer be able to use an HTP submasters to bring up intensity on stage unless I was in a cue that contained some kind of color.

I have not been able to make method 2 work properly, I don’t need it to snap, I want it to fade, which I have it set to fade. However the problem is if I try to crossfade to another override using Q-Blender soon as I raise the fader above zero it snaps the intensity of the fixtures to zero until cue 2 begins to run at 50%

I have been unable to find any method to make this work, I can find ways to sort of make it work with one override fader but soon as you try fading between multiple override faders with two cues and Q-Blender it causes problems.

That’s why I made the suggestion for an enhancement to be able to have multiple paths for different attributes as I can make it work when I have that capability

Strange… As Overrides crossfade each other…

Maybe post your show here, so we can take a look

Regards,
Ofer

So I think part of my issue with trying to use Q-Blender which I use for other items is that I learned in the webinar that it doesn’t support tracking.

On Bank 2 of this show file is my Override color faders. The first two playbacks have two cues using Q-Blender where the 1st cue fades in the color and the 2nd cue fades in the intensity. The problem is when fading from playback 1 to playback 2 the intensity resets to zero. I tried various playback settings/options but couldn’t find a combination that would keep this from happening.

The rest of the playbacks (3 - 10) are using just a single cue which works ok except for the intensity comes in too fast and the color comes in too slow which could be alleviated by having the ability to set separate paths which I have done on other platforms in the past.

DYLOS PUNT_2021-02-02_1834_Build_4_4_1193_0.OnyxShow (3.7 MB)