Update Lightjockey 2

Hello
I have been a user of Martin Lightjockey 2 with One Key for many years.
Now I’ve installed the version 2.110.4 with me, and wonder if I can simply install the version 2.200 of Elation.
Is this then full?
Did Elation take over this support completely?
Thank you for your answers.

Greetings Manni

There has been no change so there is no reason to install 2.200. It was only recompiled to not say “Martin LightJockey”
Elation provides fixture libraries and hardware support. The software can not be further developed.

Why can the software not be further developed?
LightJockey is the best DMX control software for Clubs and TimeCoded Shows i have used.
And there is no alternative. All other DMX control software have the base layout like a Light console for Live use. LightJockey is different. I use LightJockey for the CueList, where i easily can program lights to video or audio tracks. LightJockey deserves future updates, a Mac version, unlock the stupid 100 fixture limit, change the preset limit from 100 to more, Change the Cue Limit from 10000 to unlimited, update to MediaPlayer so the controls can be on another monitor or make it run with VLC player. If not, Elation should sell of LightJockey to somebody that want to take I further. Make a LightJockey 3, that is not backward compatible, where you can buy hardware, software, offline visualiser in one nice online store. I think there is money to be made…

1 Like

LightJockey is no longer developed and can not be redesigned as the code base is outdated by over 10 years and the developer is not working for Elation.

Elation will sell the license key and DMX devices for users that like to work with the software, but no development is possible.

They could further develop it. They just don’t want to. I agree. Hands down the best control system EVER for nightclubs and anything else for that matter. You can build incredible cues/scenes in minutes, not hours!

1 Like