Clone 2nd time Doesn't Work

As noted by Truth Collins here ( http://forum.obsidiancontrol.com/t/cloning-not-always-working-anyone-else/5326 ), cloning a 2nd time to the same destination fixtures does NOT seem to work.

I have tried a few workarounds, and it seems that deleting the target (destination) fixtures and re-patching them is the only fix.

For reference, say I patch fixtures 101-110, and clone them from 1001. Then, I realize that I wanted to clone fixture 104 and 105 from 1002. The second command appears to go thru but does not overwrite the first clone as desired on fixtures 104 and 105.

I have also tried creating a “1003” and cloning it from 1001. That works, but if I try to clone 1003 to 104 and 105, it again appears to go thru, but does not clone anything new.

Let me know if you need more info. In my testing, it’s been pretty duplicatable…

Thanks!
-David

1 Like

Did you try to close Onyx and try the second cloning after reopen?

Just to find another workaround… If this works

Yes. I tried both that and releasing all cues, just to test. Neither worked :frowning:

1 Like

Sad :pensive: thanks for the feedback David

1 Like

Yep, just had this happen the other day. Problem.

I recall this was done intentionally as we don’t currently have a way to resolve such overwriting conflicts and present and resolve them in a good way.
This is actually related somewhat to import of other showfile data as well so this may improve when that gets addressed.
Its not a bug requiring a fix, its an intentional feature limitation.

1 Like

hello,
so in other words.
if you want to clone 1001 to 101 trough 108 and do this.
and then you decide you want to clone 2001 to 101 trough 108.
it seems to work but does not,
and everyone shoud know that the best way to clone a different source to a in patch existing fixture is,
delete all fixtures you allready feed with clone info and patch all fixtures fresh in, everytime,
before you clone something to them?
so please, cloning, swaping and patching is the most ground building stuff we have to do.
if someone is able to, please do a good tutorial, with all infos about that,

thx.

r.h.

Yeap tried it right now! a bit strange honestly!

thx.

could we get, please a corner in the forum, where such hidden, secrect knowledge is collected and someone is watching for keep it up to date.

thx.

r.h.