ONYX Beta 1200

This beta includes some major new features for DYLOS and CITP support

DYLOS:
Mapping of video to via presets (single preset modulation or between 2 presets)
Dylos can control ANY parameter like Movement, Zoom, Iris etc. as long as they are in the preset
New generators like plasma, fire, smoke, circle, squares etc to create dynamic content in real time
New palette concept for multi color or gradient control of generators
Improved weight mode calculation with selection (1 is as current)
New mapping styles for RGB/CMY and dynamic use of Intensity

CITP:
automatic generation of a 2D Plan when importing fixtures based on top and front view

Please test the following issues that we are investigating:

• Window lag (seems driver or cpu dependent) : drag ONYX over the screen, does the window follow as expected or does it have a major delay after you stop moving the mouse?

• 2 Preset: On some graphics cards the 2 Preset Mapping is not functional. Please report back if the 2 Preset works or not on your systems and provide some details of your system spec (CPU/GPU)

We require this feedback to finalize this version and appreciate everyone helping us with these tests.

Generator Guide: https://files.obsidiancontrol.com/s/n99kiYwTB2TWFyP

New content package to add palettes: https://files.obsidiancontrol.com/s/C8mSn6owEYLAgRJ

Release Notes for Onyx
	(C) 2018-2020 - Obsidian Control Systems

4.5.1200 (21/09/2020)

DyLOS can now apply pixel mapping between presets (for any fixture parameter programmed in the presets)
Added DyLOS generators:
- Patterns: Plasma, Voronoi
- 2D Shapes: Bouncing Balls, Bouncing Shapes, Meta-balls, Floweroid
- Nature: Fire, Steam
Added color palettes to Dylos (First row of 256 pixels in PNG image are used to map - generator output - intensity levels to indexed colors)
CITP integration pulls in 3D positions to compose a top and front 2D plan of the stage (layer per fixture type)
Added options menu to zone composer
Weight modes allow for selecting “Zone Intensity” (default, backward compatible, LTP) and the newer “Manual Weight” (which has improved)
Updated NX Remote app
Updated OS image to latest feature build
Improved CMY mapping to favor intensity channel to color saturation channels (to limit color flag usage and to avoid non-pure blacks)
For networking, occurences of “Master” have been replaced with “Primary” and “Slave” with “Secondary”
Fixed playback status redraw issue when returning from patch
Fixed value changes in DyLOS zone composer not being synchronized over the network
Fixed M-Play bank issues
Fixes for touch and 2D plan selection

4.5.1199 (30/07/2020)

Replaced LTP with programmable weight control between direct and pixel mapped programming

4.5.1198 (24/07/2020)

Enabled Art-Net on any (sub)net and updated network configuration accordingly
Added support for stVisual style so Visualizers always - also when utilizing Unicast - receive licensed Art-Net data
Added patch options for excluding fixtures from GM, SWOP, remote programming and for rotating bars and panels at DMX address level
Added option to turn off smart grid ordering of fixtures in FixtureCenter
Completed plug-in framework for DyLOS generators and effects
Full software and hardware support for flipping playback faders 1-10 with 11-20
Fixed zone selection indication in programmer
Fixed “push to all” not refreshing on virtual playback panel
Fixed back button freezing on “Follow 0s” cues

4.5.1197 (10/07/2020)

Added DEFAULT command to put default values in programmer
Improved P/T Combo handling
MSD (CITP) integration fixes and improvements
Fixed joining shows
Fixed popups appearing multiple times at startup
Fixed multiple conditional channels not toggling (for example, Frost disabling 2 prisms on ADJ Focus Beam LED)

4.5.1195 (08/06/2020)

Added MSD (CITP) integration
Fixed deselecting fixture in Capture not deselecting in Onyx
Fixed focusing inconsistencies with Capture for P/T inverted/swapped fixtures
Fixed IP address and numeric up/down entry issues

4.5.1194 (02/06/2020)

Added Capture (CITP) integration (patch, selection, parameter sync)
Added import of patch (exported from another Onyx show file)
Added sACN priority configuration
Fixed network handling in ConsoleTester

3 Likes

previously recorded dylos cues are not longer working. Mapping preview is gray, looks like a scrim fx. using nx2

Check the mapping weight sliders and make sure mapping is on mode “1”

mode 1 direct weight and mapping weight at max and yet no results

Does new dylos programming work?

no sir

load the sample file we include and try that.

in source, if I move the brightness substract belt all the way to maximum brightness add I get full white in source layer onyx zone and fx 1 and 2 but black in mapping. If I move it in the opposite direction to brightness substract mapping becomes gray. Mapping looks like a gradient intensity mask

All right! I had to patch a new zone. I wasn’t able to select the mapping of the old zone. Now, with the new zone, I can

Did you use the previous beta 1199? It may not be fully compatible with 1200 as there are many changes.

Yes indeed! I created my previous show in 1199.

Importing fixtures from Capture testing the 2d plan feature,The top plot is imported and correctly working ! the only thing is a rotate plot feature is needed, so in this case we can position the plot as we have it in Capture.
There is an issue with the front one not corresponding at all!

1 Like

If fixtures have a preset assigned, Dylos won’t work as expected.

Having presets assigned to fixtures will prevent mapping function 1 preset or 2 presets to work.
Shouldn’t a preset work as a base value from which Dylos would modulate to the 1 or 2 preset mapping function?

Hello guys, now after testing understanding well how this works I have some questions

In this case when you using the presets, the video does the “timing delay” job, is good, now this is the final concept or in the future we can use video or generator to make a fx, for example a generator to make a circle, or always we need a preset ?

Any plan to add 3 preset step or more ?

this is something very interesting and with many things to create

Only a thing something very strange when I load a show, in some cases, take a lot of time to loading show, and after, the dylos process is crash, I need to restart the computer, and work fine

When i select effect 0 Default - output is black

Tested on (2) Systems:

System 1: i3-6100u
Intel HD Graphics 520

• Window lag - Yes
  • 2 Preset: Working Perfectly :slight_smile:

System 2: Ryzen 7 1700
Nvidia 1050ti Graphics
*Window Lag - None
*2 preset - working after a reboot. Dylos froze up on my first attempt after installation, but after a reboot worked great.

EDIT: some more testing is showing that old showfiles on this machine that had DyLOS zones aren’t working - the 2D plan just shows all my fixtures as white @ full. New showfiles work fine.

(And yes, I know Ryzen technically isn’t supported :slight_smile: )

-David

when u use metaballs source and move viscosity parameter it cause the metaballs blink.
I7-7700. //16Gb Ram// GPU: Nvidia Geforce 1060 3Gb
Window lag NO
2 Preset WORKS FINE

Im getting this error when trying to instal: “Error 27502. Could not instal Microsoft SQL Server.” Ive never had issues installing beta updates before so im not sure what to do. so far i used the onyx cleanup tool and checked for any windows updates. I have also restarted my computer multiple times. Thanks in advanced!

But still no thumbnails on presets or playback buttons? :cry:

Would it be possible in the future to import only the plot ? cause in some old shows I have already all setted and patched.
Thanx to all.