ONYX Beta 1205

Please recheck all libraries well in advance before using any 4.5 version on a show. The changes are substantial and some libraries will have bugs or cause delays or hangups in ONYX.
During the beta phase the user can not assume that the library is available or fully functional, it really needs to be verified. We appreciate everyone’s help to find and improve any fixture profiles.

Report all library issues to
https://support.obsidiancontrol.com/Content/Support/temp/New_Fixture_Library.htm

This version corrects some bugs reported in 1204 and adds some really useful enhancements to DYLOS

• Mirror and Tunnel FX
  • DyLOS Zone adds Full Framing and Iris Control
  • DyLOS adds frame blending for videos being played below 1x Speed

The work has also continued on the library conversions with improved default rules and many fixes to the appearance of fixture parameters, e.g. Framing.
Please continue to update the library and request missing fixtures and modes.

DOWNLOAD ONYX BETA 4.5.1205 https://files.obsidiancontrol.com/s/tNpJddBnMyAicty

DOWNLOAD Content File with new Color Pallets https://files.obsidiancontrol.com/s/C8mSn6owEYLAgRJ

Release Notes for Onyx
	(C) 2018-2021 - Obsidian Control Systems

4.5.1205 (18/01/2021)

Added DyLOS mirror effect
Added DyLOS tunnel effect
Added framing and iris to DyLOS zone slot
Added DyLOS frame blending
Continuous/loop improvements on DyLOS
Installer improvements to avoid SQL-related errors in uninstall of 4.5.1205 builds and later
Fixed fixture rotation on 2D plan being ignored for pixel mapping
Fixed pixel mapping to ignore master parameters specifically
Fixed importing AtlaBase parameter group assignment into new show
Fixed applying additive color FX macros
Fixed error popup in selected cuelist view when using keyboard shortcut to delete cues
Fixed saving types in library editor
Various fixes and improvements

4.5.1204 (24/12/2020)

This version introduces a new fixture libary format, provided by the new libary partner AtlaBase. This library includes almost 50.000 fixture profiles
Please review all required fixtures carefully and request missing fixtures and report errors, wrong defaults etc on the new fixture request page for Version 4.6
Existing fixtures will remain in the showfile but can be replaced using the “Exchange” function in the patch menu.
User fixtures and the Library Editor are not affected and remain available.
This library is only availble for Version 4.5 and higher. Previous 4.2 console versions will receive an update to enable support for the new library.
Until release both library systems remain actively supported.

New fixture library format

Daily update of new library package on Obsidiancontrol.com
Single file library package (no longer an installation)
Faster software install, bootup, library updates
Update library from System Menu /Tools/Maintenance
Library data is perfectly synchronized with Capture fixtures, allowing for easy import of the patch over CITP
Revised Parameter Defaults and Snap Rules (e.g. additive LED fixtures now have all colors defaulted to 100%)
-> this can affect existing programming and cues and presets must be adjusted if needed.
Enhanced real world values (e.g. Zoom Ranges, Shutter Speeds, Framing Blade Angles)
Improved Parameter names and feature descriptions
Enhanced gobo and effects bitmaps, color buttons for CTC and Color Wheel Selections

Completed 3-preset pixel mapping mode and opacity mapping modes - BREAKING changes for existing shows using this feature
Added new parameters for new DyLOS effects and generators
Programmer and cuelist values panels can now be placed more than once
DyLOS manual values and origin are now shown in live output
DyLOS zones slots can now be expanded/collapsed in Fixture Center
Improved responsiveness of OSC playback page actions and fixed OSC refreshes
Improved 2D plan performance and responsiveness
Various fixes and improvements

4.5.1203 (19/11/2020)

DyLOS values are now shown in live output (origin indication pending)
Improved 2D plan performance and responsiveness for large fixture sets
Increased maximal cue comment size
Added LTC audio input level control for Obsidian timecode boards
Fixed optimizing show files (removing fixtures that had been marked for deletion)
Fixed placing multi-part fixtures on 2D plan
Minor fixes and improvements

4.5.1202 (29/10/2020)

Improved Onyx startup sequence, should eliminate startup errors
Fixed highlight
Fixed DyLOS folder selection

4.5.1201 (21/10/2020)

Added 3-preset pixel mapping mode and opacity mapping modes
Fixed application window lags while moving on some systems
Fixed 2D plan orientation pulled in from Capture 3D positions

4.5.1200 (21/09/2020)

DyLOS can now apply pixel mapping between presets (for any fixture parameter programmed in the presets)
Added DyLOS generators:
- Patterns: Plasma, Voronoi
- 2D Shapes: Bouncing Balls, Bouncing Shapes, Meta-balls, Floweroid
- Nature: Fire, Steam
Added color palettes to Dylos (First row of 256 pixels in PNG image are used to map - generator output - intensity levels to indexed colors)
CITP integration pulls in 3D positions to compose a top and front 2D plan of the stage (layer per fixture type)
Added options menu to zone composer
Weight modes allow for selecting “Zone Intensity” (default, backward compatible, LTP) and the newer “Manual Weight” (which has improved)
Updated NX Remote app
Updated OS image to latest feature build
Improved CMY mapping to favor intensity channel to color saturation channels (to limit color flag usage and to avoid non-pure blacks)
For networking, occurences of “Master” have been replaced with “Primary” and “Slave” with “Secondary”
Fixed playback status redraw issue when returning from patch
Fixed value changes in DyLOS zone composer not being synchronized over the network
Fixed M-Play bank issues
Fixes for touch and 2D plan selection

4.5.1199 (30/07/2020)

Replaced LTP with programmable weight control between direct and pixel mapped programming

4.5.1198 (24/07/2020)

Enabled Art-Net on any (sub)net and updated network configuration accordingly
Added support for stVisual style so Visualizers always - also when utilizing Unicast - receive licensed Art-Net data
Added patch options for excluding fixtures from GM, SWOP, remote programming and for rotating bars and panels at DMX address level
Added option to turn off smart grid ordering of fixtures in FixtureCenter
Completed plug-in framework for DyLOS generators and effects
Full software and hardware support for flipping playback faders 1-10 with 11-20
Fixed zone selection indication in programmer
Fixed “push to all” not refreshing on virtual playback panel
Fixed back button freezing on “Follow 0s” cues

4.5.1197 (10/07/2020)

Added DEFAULT command to put default values in programmer
Improved P/T Combo handling
MSD (CITP) integration fixes and improvements
Fixed joining shows
Fixed popups appearing multiple times at startup
Fixed multiple conditional channels not toggling (for example, Frost disabling 2 prisms on ADJ Focus Beam LED)

4.5.1195 (08/06/2020)

Added MSD (CITP) integration
Fixed deselecting fixture in Capture not deselecting in Onyx
Fixed focusing inconsistencies with Capture for P/T inverted/swapped fixtures
Fixed IP address and numeric up/down entry issues

4.5.1194 (02/06/2020)

Added Capture (CITP) integration (patch, selection, parameter sync)
Added import of patch (exported from another Onyx show file)
Added sACN priority configuration
Fixed network handling in ConsoleTester

2 Likes

Hello!

The patch gets stuck on status “RECORD FIXTURE : Please wait while adding fixture(s)… : Signaling other modules…” when adding certain fixture, a single Martin Mania SCX700 mode 1. I started with a New show.

I have successfully patched other types of fixtures in this beta, but this is the only one I tried that gets stuck.

Thanks!
Irwin

thanks, we will check the library

1 Like

First of all Congatulations very nice Beta!
Just started playing a bit with the mirror feature if I can suggest also top and bottom mirror.
Thanx!

when I mark a group and do anything, though I push clear 2 times, the groups still marked

Don’t see any issue with this, group is unmarked after clear / clear. Try to load the sample showfile to test.

I start with a show made in 1204 version

attach the showfile

Diseño Diciembre 2020.OnyxShow (3.8 MB)

many thanks

Sorry it also works ok for me with 1205, no issues. Maybe your install is corrupt. Try to uninstall, reboot, reinstall.

I was previously running 4.4.1193. I did a complete un-install of all Obsidian/Onyx items, ran OnyxCleanup (April_08_2020), rebooted, then installed beta 1205. I will try it again, but are there any more “cleanup” steps I should take?

I’ll try again, many thanks

Already posted on facebook, but the color fx macros still dont apply correctly

this is probably a stupid question, where are the tunnel and mirror fx hidden? i cant find them :joy:

Not sure if this is just how it goes, but the 2D plan information pulled from capture is pretty spread out.
Far larger than the screen can allow.
It is a pretty complex drawing, but it seems to have added tons of space between every fixture, and then on some other sets they’re all right next to each other like they’re supposed to be.
I was also unable to get capture to communicate via artnet, but I was able to get it working with sacn. I’m sure it’s just on my end, but I do not have any real life devices to test with to see if my artnet output works for sure.

All in all, I’m really impressed by all the things that have changed.

Light Sky BUMBLEBEE F330 spot is causing issues to shows please verify this fixture it’s completely messing up shows.

Also there doesnt seem to be a non dimm fixture in the libary. Also not convinced on the labeling on the generic dimmer channels. Maybe worth a look at.

theres a problem with the library of Robe Tetra2 Mode3, don’t charge, when I patch the fixture is freeze in Checking Conflicts, and don’t do nothing more, the software still works but with the proccesing of patch open

The generics are under review and will be redone soon to add all the items they were in Onyx before plus some revised grouping as the list got quite long.

Please fill in a report at https://support.obsidiancontrol.com/Content/Support/temp/New_Fixture_Request.htm