ONYX Beta 1212

Please attach the showfile so we can check.

VV21_2021-04-27_1759_Build_4_5_1212_0.OnyxShow (1.6 MB)

got some very weird thing. Made a custom fixture profile and after trying to patch them in, I got this error every time I tried to change the number of fixtures.

Translation: untreated exception in the application. Click next to ignore the error and continue the application. If you click on Exit, the application will be terminated immediately.

The object reference was not set to an object instance

JiT Debugger Onyx - Pastebin.com Link to the JiT Debugger message

please post the custom fixture file

testtest2.Fixture (902 Bytes)

i think i know what happened, for whatever reason the channel type wasn’t safed.

The file has invalid lines in it, which you can not edit from the library tool. Try to recreate it again. Not sure how they got there though.

I think I know what I did. While editing a channel I accidentally added a “Functionality” without assigning anything to it.

(note the minimum/maximum value of 256) With that the error is reproducible. The Editor probably shouldn’t let me save a fixture like that

Editing the Highlight an Lowlight "Defaults NAME "
What seems to happen in my case is ,if I push button “edit” then touch the Higlight and type name ,in the comand Line,what I can see is “Edit special preset then Name if I type letters” .
But if I then press enter to finish the operation nothing happens, but on the keypad the Update button is lighten up.
Now if I do the whole procedure again, this time it works !
I am using latest Beta version.

my onyx is crashing again when creating new cuelists. I’ve had this problem before with beta version 1211. A reinstall didnt fix the problem

The logging stops before the actual crash so no valuable information there

one thing to note is that it happended right after installing an older version of showcockpit

does the crashing go away with it removed?

sadly not

This seems specific to your install unfortunately. Maybe there is a corrupt file or a change forced by Showcockpit. does 1212 work on a different PC?

as far as I know, this pc is the only one with that problem. Other pc’s work fine

Hi
I found a bug in Park Fixture window
If you park some fixtures in windows it is not showed

Thanks for your job
EMR

1 Like

Hello,

I had a showfile running with Nodered sending Artnet trigs to Onyx, on the same computer.
It worked on 4.4 but doesn’t work on Beta 1212 ( I uninstalled and came back to 4.4 to test it out and it worked right away )
Weirdly, using another computer running Nodered to send the Artnet Trigs works on 1212.

So only using the loopback stopped working on 1212 ?

Does anyone know what might be the problem ?

Thank you !

ok, there’s something serious wrong with either my system or the beta in general. Onyx I deinstalled showcockpit and then reinstalled it, and after that reinstalled onyx so onyx is the last software installed on my system.
Now everything works fine. As far as I can tell, onyx breaks everytime its not the last software installed

this would mean showcockpit breaks it for you? It may replace files or settings.

well, my assumption was wrong, It worked fine for a while, and now it’s crashing again. Did the same as before (deinstalling show cockpit, deinstalling onyx, reinstalling onyx), and this time it doesn’t work. The only thing I did between it working and not working was executing some LUA scripts. But that shouldn’t break anything.

The first time it happened Gert Leunen spend a couple of hours remoted into my machine and did something that fixed it. But I’m not sure what

Networking Issues:
My specific Machine has two virtual and three hardware network interfaces, two of which are wireless connections.

After updating, I do get the great option of finally sending ArtNet across multiple interfaces however, only three network adapter are shown. One virtual one and two hardware interfaces.

I have tried everything from restarting the interfaces to restarting onyx, static IP, renaming etc. I can’t get the other interfaces to show up.

If you are wondering why I need so many interfaces:
1. Debugging of ArtNet and Previs
2. OSC or Midi via Artnet
3.Xnet & Midi clock for the whole system
4.Artnet Out Main

Can anyone verify or suggest a solution?

Cheers

Yannic

You can only edit presets that are not currently enables i.e. red. You can also just select factory defaults and then edit the preset. Only important thing is to not have the preset you want to edit selected…