ONYX Beta 4.9.1248

Thank you very much for remotely taking a look at it. Indeed, I’ve never seen an installer completely blocked by Windows 11 either.

I did a “Reset” of Windows 11, by choosing the option to download from the cloud and kept my files. Probably needed a refresh anyway, due to how Windows handles installations. Onyx beta is now installed and working.

1 Like

Great to hear.
Thanks for letting me know and enjoy using Onyx!

1 Like

Hello there. What’s the best way to roll back to 4.8? Tried to roll back by uninstalling 4.9, restarting the computer, then installing 4.8 but keep getting an internal error.

Screenshot 2023-02-03 095932

I think you can’t

I rolled back to 4.8 without issues.

I’ve never tried before this beta, so I don’t know if it is as designed or not.

On the following console setup NX-1 with NX-P (where Wing-IDs are different), the NX-P Play/Function controls the NX-1 Play/Function button.

On top, the playback button 11-20 of the NX-P can’t be used to store a cuelist, when recording something and then press on of them doesn’t do anything, while on NX-1 it works.

I mapped NDI (from Resolume) into Onyx and it shows the incoming stream withing the Onyx>NDI Menu thumbnail.

but as soon as i map an input into dylos i loose all ability to interact with dylos in the show file. I cannot select or deselect zones by clicking in the zone editor, none of my previous dylos cues work, and the showfile basically becomes inert until i revert to a save before i have mapped an NDI input into the new inputs function of thy Dylos.

Any ideas what is causing this.

We have been notified and it is a bug for NX P having a wing ID different from zero: will be fixed in upcoming builds

2 Likes

Highlight question,If I want to use in highlight a different pan tilt value ,can this be done? cause currently I am trying to do that, but how you can see it takes the values, but doesn’t seem to work? Obviosuly I am refering to my 3d where the tilt is supposed to be at 100%.

Hi Gert, If adding a Pan Tilt parameter is not possible,what I suggest is to grey out what’s not possible to insert in a highlight feature,otherwise the orange section let’s you intend that you can do that!. Thanx!

1 Like

Hi to all ,don’t know who I need to ask so I am writting here! The Fixture Profile “AROLLA” from “Clay Paky” is not able to use the RDM features with Onyx! to be sure I have used also a CHAMSYS, and here it all works correctly via RDM! So who do I need to ask to fix this issue? please Help for future theater use I need this to be working .THANX

@Giancarlo,

I’d suggest using the Fixture Request form. On the form there is a place to select Fixture Correction. And then you can give your description of what you are experiencing.

ONYX 4.6+ Fixture Requests (jotform.com)

Keep up the good work. I enjoy watching and learning from your videos of the things you are doing with ONYX and DyLOS.

Hope this helps,

Watson

Done! I will never understand and accept, why we the end users need to have these types of issues! when any light manufactor or console builder should do this automaticly! it’s always the end user that needs to have troubles and issues ,it’s a non sense! It’s like still having a DMX 5 pin or 3 pin cable.So after 20 years !we still don’t have a standard, incredible loose for our industry!

“It’s nothing against anybody it’s just a tech thought!”

@Giancarlo,

I understand some of your frustration. With that said, each console manufacturer handles fixture data differently (as I’m sure you know). I think that MA and Vectorworks has tried to be more proactive with the GDTF format, but still means they have to work together and get the industry manufacturers on board. Obsidian and Capture are working together, sharing the fixture database. But it is still hard as there are so manu different console manufacturers.

As for the DMX standard, it does specify that the proper connector is 5 pin. This is where we get into cost of manufacturing and verbiage. To save money, a manufacturer will use 3 pin and say it is DMX compatible. This is different from being DMX complainant.

1 Like

Fixture profiles (on any console) do not contain any RDM information.

This information is sent directly from the fixture to the Console.

What RDM function is not working in Onyx?

Correct, All of the consoles have different frameworks for handling profile data. So getting everyone on the same page will require many Consoles to rewrite large parts of the software, and an official standard to be put in place.

Also, yes 3-pin is not allowed according to the official DMX 512-A standard. But, people do it anyway.

Clay Paky Arolla Is not even visibile via RDM

I’m having an issue with this version and my NXP, The play/function buttons aren’t working on my NXP at all.