ONYX Beta 4.9.1249

I just updated to 4.9.1249 and now my NX Touch faders 1 and 2 LEDs are not responding:

The touch sensors on these faders work find, just the LEDs do not - fader 1 has a single red LED and fader 2 has a red LED and a blue LED all the time. Did v4.9 screw up my NX Touch?

I basically got a white pulse / flash and can color that flash but it’s all the same color. The audio beat detector doesn’t appear to affect the Dylos parameters, such as speed, gobo spin, etc. how do you assign the audio input to individual parameters?.

Bug:

Adding Dylos windows appears to be wrong. when adding the elements individually to create custom views. The Library and Zone Parameters both show the Library, and the Zone Output is blank. You can’t add fixtures.

How to update an NX1 to the Beta Software?

For this beta, you should be able to download the exe file and under the NX1 tools menu there should be an update console. Select the downloaded file and it should install the beta. **NOTE - you’ll want to make a backup of your console showfiles first. Should you want to revert back to the official release, you’ll have to do the OS install for 4.8.1243, which will format the entire NX1.

Hope this helps,

Watson

Tested yesterday, so far didn’t found issue :slight_smile:

Perhaps I should have clarified. Choose a unused, blank view, then go to “Windows” > Dylos>Dylos Zone Output" for example. For me, two of those give the same result and I can’t get it to look like the default Dylos view. I can’t get the view where you can add fixtures. Library and Zone Parameters both generate the Library view.

Hi All,

May have found a bug in this build. On separate occasions I’ve had issues with Follow + Wait times being sporadically and unpredictably ignored. In both cases a reload of the show file solved the issue. This happened once with a completely fresh show created in 1249, and another time with a show from 4.8 that was loaded into this build.

Separately, I’m having a bugger of a time reverting builds on a Windows machine. I’m able to uninstall 4.9 and re-install it successfully as many times as my heart pleases. However, uninstalling 4.9 (and the associated driver package) and re-installing any 4.8.xxxx build results in a few errors; one along the lines of “unable to create a show: you may need to load or join a show when starting Onyx” during the install process, followed by an “Internal error: Can’t initially the LogDataChangedSynchronizer” error when trying to start Onyx.

Any suggestions?

r.

To add: another error that appears when trying to install 4.8 after removing 4.9 is "1: Exception while determining run edition: "

Hello!

Here is a few bug s to report

1- When I try to patch new fixtures in the max range fixture ID (100000), the fixtures fail to process patching. Nothing is appearing in the patch menu (All fixtures, patched, unpatched…)
Meanwhile, if I try to patch the same amount of fixtures in the ID range 10000, it works. The weard thing is the previous failed to patch DMX adresses are now used by the ghost fixture previously failed to patch.

Let’s said I try to patch 10x Mac Viper ID 100000, adresses 001+ (failled to patch). Now I patch the same amount of Vipers ID 10000, auto adresses, they go to adresses 201+. Now I want to change thoses DMX adresses to 001+, that’s doesn’t work, and I dont have the popup windows Replace/Unpatch …

2- 1-Thru-Full command doesn’t work anymore. (1-Thu command doesn’t work at all )
(edit : The 1 Thru command stop working after patching fixtures in ID 100000, which seems to be the source of the problem)

HI TO ALL! Please can you mahe the feature “RELEASE ON NEXT GO” by rows in the playback button window! I t would certainly have much more sense for the way this window is used! THANX TO ALL! = )

Hi there!

For some reason, ONYX is having some problems understanding touch from a touchscreen. Every other program on the computer work just fine, but onyx just isn’t responding to most touches.

I’m using a Dell P2418HT on Windows 11.

Did You tried to re-scale the screen?
I had issues when selected 125% or 150% scale on my windows background when running onyx.
After getting the screen scale back to 100% and restarting onyx all touch input was fine.

1 Like

I got so excited to have that as a fix. No luck tho as it’s already set to 100% scale. Thank you though!

Well, it worked on my system, maybe, Your is having a different problem…?

New Beta is available at: ONYX Beta 4.9.1251