ONYX Beta 1202 (replaced with 1203)

The next Beta is avalable. This adds a 3 preset mode (Black/White and adjustable Grey), improves blending from regualar to Dylos values and further improves the capture 2D Plan import.

Release Notes for Onyx
	(C) 2018-2020 - Obsidian Control Systems

4.5.1202 (29/10/2020)

Improved Onyx startup sequence, should eliminate startup errors
Fixed highlight
Fixed DyLOS folder selection
Minor fixes and improvements

4.5.1201 (21/10/2020)

Added 3-preset pixel mapping mode and opacity mapping modes
Fixed application window lags while moving on some systems
Fixed 2D plan orientation pulled in from Capture 3D positions
Minor fixes and improvements

4.5.1200 (21/09/2020)

DyLOS can now apply pixel mapping between presets (for any fixture parameter programmed in the presets)
Added DyLOS generators:
- Patterns: Plasma, Voronoi
- 2D Shapes: Bouncing Balls, Bouncing Shapes, Meta-balls, Floweroid
- Nature: Fire, Steam
Added color palettes to Dylos (First row of 256 pixels in PNG image are used to map - generator output - intensity levels to indexed colors)
CITP integration pulls in 3D positions to compose a top and front 2D plan of the stage (layer per fixture type)
Added options menu to zone composer
Weight modes allow for selecting “Zone Intensity” (default, backward compatible, LTP) and the newer “Manual Weight” (which has improved)
Updated NX Remote app
Updated OS image to latest feature build
Improved CMY mapping to favor intensity channel to color saturation channels (to limit color flag usage and to avoid non-pure blacks)
For networking, occurences of “Master” have been replaced with “Primary” and “Slave” with “Secondary”
Fixed playback status redraw issue when returning from patch
Fixed value changes in DyLOS zone composer not being synchronized over the network
Fixed M-Play bank issues
Fixes for touch and 2D plan selection

4.5.1199 (30/07/2020)

Replaced LTP with programmable weight control between direct and pixel mapped programming

4.5.1198 (24/07/2020)

Enabled Art-Net on any (sub)net and updated network configuration accordingly
Added support for stVisual style so Visualizers always - also when utilizing Unicast - receive licensed Art-Net data
Added patch options for excluding fixtures from GM, SWOP, remote programming and for rotating bars and panels at DMX address level
Added option to turn off smart grid ordering of fixtures in FixtureCenter
Completed plug-in framework for DyLOS generators and effects
Full software and hardware support for flipping playback faders 1-10 with 11-20
Fixed zone selection indication in programmer
Fixed “push to all” not refreshing on virtual playback panel
Fixed back button freezing on “Follow 0s” cues

4.5.1197 (10/07/2020)

Added DEFAULT command to put default values in programmer
Improved P/T Combo handling
MSD (CITP) integration fixes and improvements
Fixed joining shows
Fixed popups appearing multiple times at startup
Fixed multiple conditional channels not toggling (for example, Frost disabling 2 prisms on ADJ Focus Beam LED)

4.5.1195 (08/06/2020)

Added MSD (CITP) integration
Fixed deselecting fixture in Capture not deselecting in Onyx
Fixed focusing inconsistencies with Capture for P/T inverted/swapped fixtures
Fixed IP address and numeric up/down entry issues

4.5.1194 (02/06/2020)

Added Capture (CITP) integration (patch, selection, parameter sync)
Added import of patch (exported from another Onyx show file)
Added sACN priority configuration
Fixed network handling in ConsoleTester

1 Like

Hi
Are there any videos or details of how to make the new DYLOS beta mapping things work? I’ve tried the 1200 and 1202 betas, but I cannot get Dylos to actually affect any fixtures in the zone. I think I’m not managing to map Dylos to anything, but I can’t for the life of me work out how to make it work.

Hello Guys

After studying this new mapping option a lot and looking in many ways to use it as a substitute for the FX engine, and many things that have been requested there, I would like to ask you, in the option of generators, add something much simpler

this, a generator, with the option to Bounce, go from right to left and return, from the center to the outside and return, and the already known options of adding more or less lines, or playing with the grays, I think that with this, we could momentarily give option to the most used fx timings

Another detail is that it is increasingly difficult to work with the current programming screen when there is a lot of information in it, there is a gigantic Lag,

a Cant see fixtures in the combined windows in the 2D plan

1 Like

I would suggest more flexibility wit generator ,chance to alter shapes and gradients something that in this case make smoother and very particular movements!

1 Like

hello again, is there a video/ tutorial for how to use the new features in onyx beta?

anywhere?

thx.

r.h.

Import patch not working at all!

Importing a patch from huge stages from Capture ,seems that the 2d plan isn’t able to zoom out enough! so at this point it’s really unconfortable to use!
In this picture I am missing fixtures on top, bottom, left,right etc… can we have a greater zoom in zoom out?

1 Like

couldnt agree more. It would be good if we could set a scale Dont need the rig 1:1… It would be good if i could get the 12m wide lighting bars zoomed in so the icons are almost touching in the 2d view.

Also if there are fixtures that are patched to the same dmx address then onyx unpatches them. Is there a way in the import that it allows them? I have house lights and a few parcans with the same dmx address but different id numbers. In the future they will have different dmx addresses just not now due to other venue limitations.

DYLOS windows resize some times its freeze

artnet not send data frames - only artpool
resolvet - turn off / on artnet.

I have problem to delete unused dylos zone.
this is my test show.
RGB_CIRCLE_2020-11-05_1241_Build_4_5_1202_0.OnyxShow (3.3 MB)

https://youtu.be/Eo6N5OIBoHI

ADD A FEATURE CALLED 1 SHOT
Add please a 1 or 2 or 3 shot capability in the next version! so we can have a bigger and wider use of the Dylos as an fx generator !

While we’re improving on matching fixture types, you can still match the types up manually by selecting the “Onyx Type” column and browse to the correct fixture type.

Any news about updating some normal features in ONYX? cause it seems to much concentration only on Dylos based things.
This question is just for infos about what’s gonna happen with ols issues! I would also like some 2d plan icons,for sure a better fx engine preset based, Larger windows with more readble text,more Macros etc, Thanx just to know this is not a CRITIC but just need to understand where you guys want to go! = )

1 Like

+1 with this :pray:

Maybe you could tell us a roadmap, we are about to finish the year and we did not see nothing outside of dylos

Let us store a cue using Captures “snapshots” directly in Onyx.
Thanx!

Can you Add “Mirroring way” in Generators?

Agree with comments above regarding the real need for an update/roadmap for non-dylos features. The basic enhancements that would make working with Onyx on a daily basis so much more productive.

Have asked a few times for this, but as yet haven’t had any reply. You’re very busy with Dylos and doing a great job, but concerened that core features are being overlooked.

1 Like

+1