ONYX Beta 4.9.1248

Done! I will never understand and accept, why we the end users need to have these types of issues! when any light manufactor or console builder should do this automaticly! it’s always the end user that needs to have troubles and issues ,it’s a non sense! It’s like still having a DMX 5 pin or 3 pin cable.So after 20 years !we still don’t have a standard, incredible loose for our industry!

“It’s nothing against anybody it’s just a tech thought!”

@Giancarlo,

I understand some of your frustration. With that said, each console manufacturer handles fixture data differently (as I’m sure you know). I think that MA and Vectorworks has tried to be more proactive with the GDTF format, but still means they have to work together and get the industry manufacturers on board. Obsidian and Capture are working together, sharing the fixture database. But it is still hard as there are so manu different console manufacturers.

As for the DMX standard, it does specify that the proper connector is 5 pin. This is where we get into cost of manufacturing and verbiage. To save money, a manufacturer will use 3 pin and say it is DMX compatible. This is different from being DMX complainant.

1 Like

Fixture profiles (on any console) do not contain any RDM information.

This information is sent directly from the fixture to the Console.

What RDM function is not working in Onyx?

Correct, All of the consoles have different frameworks for handling profile data. So getting everyone on the same page will require many Consoles to rewrite large parts of the software, and an official standard to be put in place.

Also, yes 3-pin is not allowed according to the official DMX 512-A standard. But, people do it anyway.

Clay Paky Arolla Is not even visibile via RDM

I’m having an issue with this version and my NXP, The play/function buttons aren’t working on my NXP at all.