Onyx Release Candidate 4.9.1252

— Replaced with 4.9.1253 ----

ONYX RC 4.9.1253 - ONYX / Onyx Betatest - Obsidian Control Systems

Hi Everyone,

Please update to the latest beta and review the improvements outlined below.

This is a Release Candidate and contains all of the features that are intended for the upcoming release.

Included in the link is the PC installer as well as the new OS for consoles. (The OS is required for consoles)

As always, please keep all discussions and comments about this beta to THIS forum post.

Happy testing!

Release Notes for Onyx
	(C) 2018-2023 - Obsidian Control Systems

4.9.1252 (28/06/2023)

Notice: if you programmed values for the “BPM Target” channel of the Beat Provider, review your show file as its range has been extended

• Allow for installing 3rd party ASIO drivers (to support low latency USB audio devices as published by Behringer, Focusrite, M-Audio, MOTU and RME), and added access to their mixer and configuration
  • Added transport running state (Ableton Link, MIDI clock, audio signal presence) tracking to (un)mute beat provider output
  • Added Telnet/UDP input: no longer needed to launch ONYX Manager for these protocols
  • Added audio monitoring
  • Added color appearance supprt to input processors
  • Improved and fixed Beat F-Key assignment
  • Improved access to reverse playback for synced media playback and generators
  • Improved Ableton Link tap responsiveness
  • Improved fixture selection ranges to no longer include DyLOS zone or input processor fixtures unless referred to explicitly
  • Fixed user fixture type profiles showing up in the browser, but not being added to the show after creating/editing
  • Fixed sACN universes not showing in DMX I/O selection dropdown
  • Fixed moving input processor to other slot
  • Various fixes to improve reliability and reduce latency

4.9.1251 (15/05/2023)

• Added target assignment of reference processors to F-Keys
  • Added support for Ableton Link Quantum Phase Synchronization
  • Added support for changing the tempo in an Ableton Link session
  • Added support for reverse playback for synced media playback and generators
  • Extended Beat F-Key assignment to any beat-tap processor
  • Fixed importing fixtures using CITP on non-English systems
  • Fixed fixture range selection issues
  • Various fixes and improvements

4.9.1250 (18/04/2023)

• Dropped 32 bit driver support
  • Updated to SQL Server 2022 for support continuity
  • Updated to latest CodeMeter, NDI and Visual C++ runtimes

Completed (audio, beat) input processor workflow

• Added Ableton Link support (input processor)
  • Added MIDI Clock support (input processor)
  • Added beat-tap processor (replacing former global beat for chases)
  • Added reference processor (to decouple source input slot programming in presets and cues through indirection)
  • Added metronome visual feedback for beat rate
  • Added “Copy from” between highlight/lowlight presets
  • Improved audio beat detection accuracy
  • Fixed (Capture) visualizer focusing via CITP while offsets have been configured

4.9.1249 (23/02/2023)

Notice: loading show files created with the previous beta (4.9.1248) will require to re-select audio input channels and/or turn NDI devices off and back on if they are used by input processors

• Added beat detection sync into media playhead and chase playback (beat triggers, next to global)
  • Fixes and improvements to input processor workflow
  • Fixes and improvements to audio input processors
  • Allow P/T values in highlight/lowlight presets
  • Default values view will only show changed values
  • Aspect ratio improvments (covering masks)
  • Aspect ratio fixes for still images, rotation and scaling
  • Fixed live thumbnails not always rendered correctly
  • Fixed “non-selected fixtures” option on CLEAR being ignored when no fixtures are selected

4.9.1248 (13/01/2023)

• Added aspect ratio control
  • Added multi-select for audio input channels
  • Added output override feedback to live output
  • Improved DyLOS input processor management
  • Improved DYLOS input processors’ accuracy
  • Improved parameter-level parking
  • Improved default value editing

4.9.1246 (19/08/2022)

Added input processors to DyLOS for converting external inputs into modulators (triggers pending)

• added video and palette input processor (NDI; aspect ratio channel/parameter not bound yet)
  • added audio input, filter and analyzer processors (NDI, ASIO; multi-select audio channels pending)

Added output overrides as special presets that are edited in dedicated programmer context

• added parameter-level parking (value feedback in parameter panel still being tuned)
  • added channel-level offsets
  • improved default value editing (clear doesn’t work yet from popup for input processors, feedback for default editing still being tuned)
  • improved highlight/lowlight editing
1 Like

This is an unexpected and welcome surprise! I’m working on a project right now where this could be a major win. Is the command syntax the same as it was with ONYX Manager? Can’t wait to check it out! :slight_smile:

Is anybody using the “packet sender” for UDP comands? can you screenshot a simple comand?

Hi
I used this protocol to communicate Creston system with Onyx controller (Old M1 Martin)
take a look Manual Manager it is explained perfectly…

Thanx but It seems it’s not working for me ,I am using windows 11,with the loopback adapter" ,It looks like the comand is sent ,but Onyx doesn’t seems to listen to that! Just checking if it’s and issues or if I did something incorrect!

HEllo everyone,

After testing the new release candidate I got the following problem(s):

• Dylos does not work at all, everything is grayed out in the Zone Composer, already recorded cues do not work at all.
    I tried to re-import the factory content to no avail

Happening on a Win 10 and a Win 11 machine, both up-to-date
Melusina 2023 REDESIGN V1.1_2023-07-13_1514_Build_4_9_1252_0.OnyxShow (9.4 MB)

Melusina 2023 REDESIGN V1.1.DyLOSReport.zip (1.6 MB)

As I do mostly club work I was really loking forward to the new features such as beat detection and the overhauled BPM system, but my showfile is already 6 years old and there is too much stuff in there to rebuild it from ground up.

When creating a new showfile, everything seems to work as expected.

I’ll attach my showfile as well as the Dylos logs and the ONYX logs, hopefully someone can help me getting my showfile alive again

Edit: updated after the gig from previous beta with no issues.

They may help you. They magnanimously help many people.

If all else fails, backup your files and do a Fresh Start in place reinstallation of Windows. I tend to choose to install from a cloud download of Windows, not the local windows files (although it might not make much of a difference). Windows must also be updated to certain versions, so you can check for updates. Then there is the SQL issue which may have been resolved (to uninstall old SQL & drivers).

When you have a generator in dylos with a tunel and you zoom out the tunnel in the beam section you get this weird line in the zones, programmer, preview, …

The bouncing 2D shapes seems to not be working… it shows only a white by just selecting the generator.
event modifying some parameters it doesnt seem to help

Looks like something went wrong during show file conversion: could you send us the pre4.9.1252 show file, so we could track the conversion?

We’re aware, was actually since the beginning, but as long as we’re limited to pixel mapping this artifact should have no significant impact, while tedious to fix. When display output comes into play, we’ll need to fix it.

We’ll have a look, thanks for the report

1 Like

Here is the 4.8.1244 showfile

Melusina 2023 REDESIGN V1.1_2023-07-14_1935_Build_4_8_1244_0.OnyxShow (8.7 MB)

Hello, I can’t installed it on my PC (windows 11, all update done)

1 Like

This doesn’t seem right.

I want to set my default for a regular RGB fixture with virtual dimmer. In the default it’s at 0% but the fixture is still at 100%.

I am currently learning the new version software 4.9.1252.0

Has anyone seen the new way of setting defaults?

If your default values are well set to 0%, then, you have a running cuelist somewhere setting RGB values?

For the default values edition, you have to access the “Default” view, and click edit, then apply the change you want: ONYX Beta 4.9.1248

I can’t seem to get “next” and “last” to work. when I try it deselects the fixture. The group stays in the programmer.

Using NX-1 with NX-K. Updated all the firmware with the new update.

I had this same issue. After two more attempts it installed properly. Very strange indeed and something that should be fixed before a public release.

1 Like

@MaxGroleau , I had this same problem with the prior beta, wherein my default value was absolutely correct, but it wasn’t being respected - even without any cuelists running. I’m not sure how I feel about the new way of managing default values. I think it needs a bit more polishing, to be honest.

No cuelists running since it was a brand new fixture patched